Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE
MicroEdge’s goal for 2013 is to continue evolving its user friendly technology for current and prospective clients. The GIFTS Online development team will continue to make this goal a reality for the company. This developer role will be an entry-level position with the responsibility of working to further evolve the GIFTS Online product.
The Junior Software Engineer will work closely with the other members of the development team, as well as business analysts and quality assurance engineers to ensure products meet expectations and maintain the company’s reputation for delivering high quality software to our customers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
This role is focused on the development of MicroEdge’s software. The developer will ensure that all new and redesigned functionality are suitable for use by MicroEdge’s clients by:
- Developing GIFTS Online to ensure deadlines and standards are met
- Working closely with other teams within the organization
- Communicating development needs clearly and accurately to upper level management
- Prioritizing effectively to ensure development of applications from conceptual stages to end stages
- Using high level troubleshooting and debugging skills to eliminate problems in current application code
- Maintaining up to date skills relevant to GIFTS Online technology needs.
Requirements & Skills:
- Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to effectively define and estimate project tasks
- Self-motivating with a high level of enthusiasm
- Quality oriented and able to meet deadlines
- Collaborative and positive attitude
- Good communication skills; both verbal and written; can articulate technical issues clearly
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or related field
- 1-3 years hands -on experience with.NET 3.5+ framework using Visual Studio 2008+, preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with XAML technology (Silverlight, WPF, WinRT), preferred
- Firm knowledge of constructing SQL and stored procedures. Experience working with SQL Server 2008+, preferred
- Experience with performance testing and an understanding of issues faced in Web applications, preferred
- Experience working with source control (TFS, Subversion)
MicroEdge offers an excellent
compensation and employee benefit package including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending accounts, 401(K) , generous paid time off, travel assistance
Must be authorized to work in the United States. No H-1B sponsorship available for this position.
Email resumes to email@example.com
Copyright (c) Marimer LLC