We have just updated our project to use CSLA 126.96.36.199. We are binding a Read Only List in WPF which is working fine. The weird thing is that if I look at Intellitrace I see and exception being thrown/caught.
"Could not load file or assembly 'Csla.Xaml.Aero, Version=188.8.131.52"
I'm not sure what that is exactly. Can anyone provide any insight into this?
Odds are this is something you've created or acquired outside of CSLA itself.
We have no such namespace or assembly in CSLA .NET.
Thank you for the quick reply. I looked into this a little more and this is what I have found. This only happens when using the "PropertyStatus" Control in my project. When we remove it from our Xaml, the exception went away.
I see the same issue when running the PropertyStatus sample project for csla 184.108.40.206. I run the project, type in "Error" and press "Save" once that is done I go into Visual Studio and hit "Break All" on my Intellitrace. I'm still getting this error showing up here.
Also, it changes when my windows theme changes. Right now it says "CSLA.Xaml.Aero" cannot be found. If I change my theme to "Classic" it says "Csla.Xaml.Classic" cannot be found.
This is not really a problem per se, but it just seems odd. Not sure if the above explanation helps out at all or not.
Ahh, I rather suspect that this is an automatic theme-based mechanism that allows you (or other theme creators) to customize the style for controls using a specific naming convention.
In other words, I suspect you could create a Csla.Xaml.Aero assembly that contains a XAML theme/style for PropertyStatus if you wanted to style the control based on theme.
I am getting the same exception thrown by the BusyAnimation constructor. I am using CSLA 4.1 See below for detail. Perhaps some kind person with more experience of XAML/WPF than I might help me resolve this. Thanks
Message=Could not load file or assembly 'Csla.Xaml.Aero, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=93be5fdc093e4c30' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
FileName=Csla.Xaml.Aero, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=93be5fdc093e4c30
FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: User = PINESOFT\simonmay
LOG: DisplayName = Csla.Xaml.Aero, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=93be5fdc093e4c30
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/_SVN/SpeedSorter.NET/DotNet/Trunk/Application/WpfUI/bin/Debug/
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL
Calling assembly : PresentationFramework, Version=126.96.36.199, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35.
LOG: This bind starts in default load context.
LOG: Using application configuration file: C:\_SVN\SpeedSorter.NET\DotNet\Trunk\Application\WpfUI\bin\Debug\SpeedSorter.WpfUI.vshost.exe.Config
LOG: Using host configuration file:
LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Csla.Xaml.Aero, Version=188.8.131.52, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=93be5fdc093e4c30
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/_SVN/SpeedSorter.NET/DotNet/Trunk/Application/WpfUI/bin/Debug/Csla.Xaml.Aero.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/_SVN/SpeedSorter.NET/DotNet/Trunk/Application/WpfUI/bin/Debug/Csla.Xaml.Aero/Csla.Xaml.Aero.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/_SVN/SpeedSorter.NET/DotNet/Trunk/Application/WpfUI/bin/Debug/Csla.Xaml.Aero.EXE.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/_SVN/SpeedSorter.NET/DotNet/Trunk/Application/WpfUI/bin/Debug/Csla.Xaml.Aero/Csla.Xaml.Aero.EXE.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
It seems that this exception is swallowed by WPF as I only started to see it when I set the debugger to break when exceptions are thrown. It is a pain but not terminal.
Copyright (c) Marimer LLC