Code Complete v5.0 Released
Code Complete v5.0 ReleasedOld forum URL: forums.lhotka.net/forums/t/11232.aspx
Philip posted on Wednesday, March 14, 2012
I am glad to announce that after 2 years of hard work, Code Complete 5.0 is out. Here are some of the new features:
- Code Complete Studio: New ORM modeling tool for creating entity, domain and UI models.
- Support for CSLA.NET and non CSLA.NET architectures: Version 5.0 still provides strong support for CSLA.NTE (3.6x and 4.x) but not in an exclusive fashion. You can model and generate applications that do not require any domain framework (UI + Entity Model) or plug in and extend Code Complete with the framework of choice.
- Support for ADO.NET, Entity Framework (code and model first) and NHibenate
- Support for ASP.NET MVC 3.0 and 4.0
- Extensive support for stored procedures: You can now create new or reuse existing stored procedures. Using a simple query definition editor, you can now map your entities to any existing stored procedures, tables and views to perform the standard CRUD operations
You can download a trial at http://www.eurowisesoft.com/Download/tabid/469/language/en-US/Default.aspx
Mesloub replied on Saturday, March 24, 2012
I like the idea of the modeling tool and separating the code generation from models. I started playing with it and I think you have done a great job. We still use web forms in several projects. Will Code Complete still provide support for that in the near future?
Philip replied on Monday, March 26, 2012
We are palnning to support all the UI technologies already supported in previous versions of Code Complete including ASP.NET Web forms, WPF and Silverlight. We have already started working on the next release.
Copyright (c) Marimer LLC