This has been bugging me for a while now but so infrequently that I've just been working through it by judicious use of ctrl-c / ctrl-v and browser switching. I decided to finally post.
The primary links bar on the page (Home Page, Blog, CSLA Home, etc.) doesn't render or function the same in Chrome as IE. All items display differently and those that are supposed to have drop-downs don't function. For example in IE the drop-down from "Downloads" gives you "Download CSLA .NET" and "Other Downloads". In Chrome nothing actually drops-down and clicking on the arrow or link takes you to the same destination as "Other Downloads" in IE. There doesn't seem to be a way to get to the "Download CSLA .NET" URI in Chrome.
Thanks for the post. I'm aware of the issue, but haven't had time to restyle the site to fix it.
I created the original style using a web-based style generation tool, but that was before Chrome existed. Sadly Chrome works differently from FF/IE and so the style doesn't work. It goes to show how HTML is super-expensive, because things that work perfectly can break just because some browser vendor gets a wild hair and redefines some behavior...
Fixing it isn't trivial, because it means either understanding the now-ancient HTML/css generated by that tool (which is beyond my skills), or entirely restyling the web site by finding a new style generation tool and reworking the sites.
I really do plan on doing that restyling at some point, but it hasn't been as important as maintaining CSLA itself, so it just hasn't floated to the top of my priority list yet.
I figured it might be something like that but just wanted to be sure the issue was know.
Copyright (c) Marimer LLC