3.5 SP1 causing problems with DynamicMethodDelegate?

3.5 SP1 causing problems with DynamicMethodDelegate?

Old forum URL: forums.lhotka.net/forums/t/5337.aspx

ajj3085 posted on Wednesday, September 03, 2008


I've upgraded to 3.5 SP1, and now I'm getting AccessViolationExceptions.  I've traced the exceptions back to some use of reflection where the DynamicMethodDelegate is involved.  I haven't specifically narrowed down where the problem is, because frustratingly enough attaching a debugger causes the exception to go away.  Argh!

Anyone else encounter this?


RockfordLhotka replied on Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Is it a trust issue? Are you somehow not running in FullTrust when outside the debugger?

ajj3085 replied on Thursday, September 04, 2008

The code should be running under full trust.  It's a locally installed ClickOnce application, and I have this in my deployment manifest:

        <PermissionSet Unrestricted="true" ID="Custom" SameSite="site" />
        <defaultAssemblyRequest permissionSetReference="Custom" />

It's confusing, because the same code was running just fine prior to SP1. 

I'm not sure I'll pursue this much longer though.. my use of the DMD that is causing a problem is in my custom DAL assembly, that I was replacing with Linq to Sql anyway.  So I've just gotten more aggressive in porting everything to Linq.

Oddly, your implementation of DMD works fine..

Copyright (c) Marimer LLC